SSP Group, alongside its partner Travel Food Services, has collectively won 14 awards at The Moodie Davitt Reports’ FAB + Hospitality Awards 2023 and seven Awards at the FAB Superstars Awards 2023.
The FAB Conference and Awards is an event dedicated to the airport food and beverage business. Recognising those who have done outstanding work over the past year. The FAB Awards and FAB Superstars Awards are prestigious awards, recognising airports, F&B operators, and brands around the world. These awards recognise excellence in the industry and highlight our commitment to delivering exceptional customer experiences.
The FAB Superstars Awards 2023 recognised the efforts and achievements of staff and teams across the travel F&B industry the world over. From star individuals behind the scenes and front of house, the awards recognised the ‘stars’ who have helped their organisations, customers, communities and the wider industry as a whole throughout the last year.
The FAB Awards overall winners are:
- The Farmers Market - Airport Food and beverage offer best representing sense of place.
- Oakland Draft House - Americas Airport Bar or Pub of the year.
- TFS - Airport Lounge of the Year
- TFS - Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Initiative of the year award
- Outstanding Career Contribution - Pat Murray, Deputy CEO SSP America
The FAB Awards regional winners are:
- Juniper & Co -European Airport Bar or Pub of the year
- The Fallow - European Casual Dining Restaurant of the year.
- Koh Hop Bar - Asia Pacific Airport Bar or Pub of the year.
- Nourish by The Dirty Apron - Americas Airport Health Centred Offer of the year.
- The Farmers Market - Americas Airport ‘Food to Go’ of the year
- Bad Egg Breakfast Bar - Americas Casual Dining Restaurant of the year.
- LivEat - Asia Pacific Health Centred Offer of the year.
- Jamie Oliver - Asia Pacific Casual Dining Restaurant of the year.
The FAB Superstars winners were:
- Star Individual – Europe – Back of House: Jim Norris, F&B Director, SSP UK
- Star Individual – Middle East & Africa – Back of House: Habibur Rahman Skarkar, SSP EEME
- Star Individual – Middle East & Africa – Front of House: Edabelle Ragay Veloso, HSE & Sustainability Manager, SSP EEME
- Star Individual – Asia Pacific – Front of House: Kate Chessells, Operations Manager Hobart Airport, SSP APAC
- Star Individual – America – Front of House: Savitre Sukhram, Ambassador for JFK Airport Terminal 4, SSP America
- Star Team – Europe – Front of House: SSP UK Burger King Team, Stansted Airport
- Star Team – Asia Pacific – Front of House: SSP Mactan Cebu team, Mactan Cebu International Airport
Patrick Coveney said; “I am so proud of our teams for their fantastic achievement in the past year. I want to say a big congratulations to all the SSP winners and finalists and thank them for the amazing job they do every day to make sure we are the best part of our customers’ journey. Our teams are the face of our business, working across all continents at some of the most impressive airports and rail stations around the world. Having so many outstanding people doing such amazing things is a source of great pride. It’s very gratifying to see these efforts recognised in such a well-regarded award programme."