(United States, 15 March 2019): SSP America, a division of SSP Group, a leading operator of food and beverage brands in travel locations worldwide, has been awarded by the Indianapolis Airport Authority the opportunity to design, build and operate a total of six food and beverage concession spaces at Indianapolis International Airport (IND). The opportunity will see SSP America introduce a collection of award-winning local brands, a bespoke Farmers’ Market featuring Indiana Grown produce and products, an expansion of the multi award-winning Harry & Izzy’s restaurant and a popular national brand with contemporary appeal.
Bob Stanton, Vice President of Business Development said, “On behalf of the entire SSP America team, we want to thank IND for this incredible win. Ours is a strong portfolio of local hometown hero brands and a national brand anchored by a market that showcases the best of the Indiana farm region and an expansion of one of the best restaurants in the country, Harry & Izzy’s. IND was just awarded its seventh straight ‘Best Airport in North America’ win by Airports Council International. We are passionate about being part of an airport community that continues to demonstrate the highest standards in our industry, and proud to showcase the very best local restaurants to the passengers at IND.”
SSP’s line-up includes:
• Harry & Izzy’s (Concourse A)—Born and bred in Indy, the multi award-winning Harry & Izzy’s is the very essence of Indianapolis regional gastronomy—a sought out, culinary destination. Named “Best Airport Local/Regional Dining in US” in the USA Today 10Best Readers’ Choice Awards, the all-American, Indiana style grill menu highlights premium regional ingredients including succulent steaks from Midwest farms. SSP America will expand its existing Harry and Izzy’s on Concourse A to include a larger, full-service bar and additional seating throughout the space —perfect for meeting the capacity demands of IND’s new transatlantic, long-haul flights.
• Bento Sushi (Concourse A)— Founded in 1996 Bento Sushi is one of North Americas largest Japanese food companies offering an excellent variety of traditional sushi, specialty rolls and combos prepared with the freshest high quality ingredients. Bento also offers made to order poke bowls and other Japanese foods including bento boxes, rice bowls and ramen.
• Bub’s Burger (Concourse A)—A veritable Indy institution from Indiana native son Matt Frey, Bub’s Burgers delivers a modern-day better burger joint experience—burgers are hand-patted from fresh, ground chuck, seasoned and grilled over flame as is the brand’s renowned chicken sandwich. Bub’s loyal tribe of fans is sure to make a bee line for Bub’s when traveling through IND.
• Farmers’ Market Featuring Indiana Grown (Concourse B)—Created in partnership with Indiana Grown (the local food-branding initiative for the Indiana State Department of Agriculture), SSP America’s The Farmers’ Market Featuring Indiana Grown showcases the state of Indiana’s beautifully rich culinary landscape, and the region’s multiple artisans. With menus created by Indy’s very own James Beard Award Semifinalist and champion of local and seasonal abundance, Chef Greg Hardesty, The Farmers’ Market takes passengers on a journey into the venerable fields that feed us.
• Sun King Brewing (Concourse B)—Founded in 2009, Sun King has grown into one of the largest and most award-winning craft breweries in the state of Indiana. The Sun King Beer Garden will feature a broad array of handcrafted seasonal and specialty beers, alongside core beers like Sunlight Cream Ale, Pachanga Mexican-Style Lager, Wee Mac Scottish-Style Ale, Osiris Pale Ale, and SKB IPA along with tapas and small plate offerings.
• HotBox Pizza (Civic Plaza)—HotBox Pizza was created in 2004 with a desire to save the world from pizza mediocrity. Beginning with the first location in Downtown Indianapolis, HotBox Pizza has grown to over 20 locations throughout Central Indiana. HotBox’s hand crafted, customized pizzas will be served to passengers fresh from the oven in five minutes flat.
Further information: Lana Cramer
Vice President, Corporate Marketing and Communications
SSP America is a division of SSP Group, a global leader in the business of creating restaurants, bars, cafés and marches in environments where people are on the move. With over 50 years of experience, SSP’s nearly 37,000 employees serve approximately 1.5 million passengers daily in 33 countries. Our operations span around 2,600 outlets across 500 locations representing more than 500 of our own and licensed brands.
The SSP America team is driven by a shared vision to bring authentic restaurant experiences to every airport in North America. Our employees have a passion for exceptional food served by people who believe in heartfelt hospitality. Our airport partners trust SSP America to deliver a world-class portfolio of brands with broad passenger appeal and lasting commercial viability. Our brands heroes trust us to bring a taste of place to their hometown airport. Learn more at www.foodtravelexperts.com/america.
About Indiana Grown
Indiana Grown is administered by the Indiana State Department of Agriculture in partnership with the Lieutenant Governor’s office. The initiative educates consumers on the importance of buying Indiana Grown products, helps Indiana farmers and producers sell more products and supports Indiana processors in their effort to process more Indiana Grown products. Indiana Grown members and partners include farmers, producers, processors and artisans, as well as retailers, grocers, hospitals and restaurants. For more information, visit www.IndianaGrown.org.
Contact at Indiana Grown: Heather Tallman
Indiana State Department of Agriculture
One North Capitol Avenue, Suite 600
Indianapolis, IN 46204