SSP America, a division of SSP Group, a leading operator of food and beverage brands in travel locations worldwide, has been awarded a new food and beverage contract by the City of San José to develop and operate six new restaurant concepts at Norman Y. Mineta San José International—Silicon Valley’s Airport. The contract will see SSP America introduce a vibrant and diverse portfolio featuring 12, 100% locally-based brands and a star-studded line-up of six prominent local chefs, including James Beard Award winner, Chef David Kinch of Manresa in Los Gatos, recipient of three Michelin stars from 2016-2019.
Paul Loupakos, vice president of business development said, “On behalf of the entire SSP America team, our incredible chefs, brand partners and ACDBE partners, we are absolutely delighted, humbled and honored by this award. San José sits in one of the richest, most diverse culinary centers on the planet. We’ve brought together the best of the best, the regional dream team. Our cool chefs, concepts and brands don’t just represent San José’s culinary landscape, they define it. Passengers traveling through SJC will see, smell and, above all, enjoy a taste of the Silicon Valley region. This sense of place is absolutely unparalleled in any other possible collection.”
SSP’s line-up in Terminal A are:
- Olla Cocina—Olla Cocina brings some of the Valley’s hottest trending plates prepared in a white-hot, fast casual platform. Passionate about regional Mexican cuisine, Chef Armando Navarro’s beautifully prepared Mexican plates celebrate the diverse and progressive food movement that epitomizes the San José The result is an authentic offering infused with California’s local, seasonal ingredients.
- California Market by David Kinch— Created in collaboration with James Beard Award Winner, Chef David Kinch, California Market by David Kinch represents a wholly immersive, edible adventure, reflective of the regional gastronaut’s critically acclaimed concepts. Featuring an airside outpost of Kinch’s award-winning Manresa Bread (a bakery offshoot of Chef Kinch’s three-Michelin-star restaurant and local treasure, Manresa); barista offerings from Santa Cruz’s own Verve Coffee; a bespoke full-service Bar Kinch Epicurean Libations; as well as a fully integrated market component, filled with regionally produced treats and treasures. Passengers will engage and delight as they browse the market, sit down for a relaxing world-class meal, or stop in for a drink and snack from one of the nation’s most highly honored chefs.
Terminal B offerings by SSP include:
- San Pedro Square Market— San Pedro Square Market concept brings a unique slice of San José’s gastronomic landscape—a regional market anchored by brand partners who tell their own local story through their food. The brands included in the San Pedro Market are:
- Straits Hawker Street by Chris Yeo—Straits Hawker Street’ brings on-trend street food with the theater of ‘dueling Asian kitchens.’ Passengers will be mesmerized and tantalized by the flavors of the cuisine from Straits’ menus boasting a Singaporean Kitchen and Vietnamese Eatery.
- Konjoe Burger—Straight from its San Pedro Square Market location, Konjoe Burger bring exceptional, ethically-sourced burgers and sandwiches with a flavorful, Asian fusion twist.
- District—Silicon Valley’s multi-award-winning District delivers a buzz-worthy menu of Executive Chef, Bob Cina’s small, shareable plates, pizza and house-made charcuterie with one of the region’s most extensive wine, whiskey and craft cocktail offerings.
- Earthbar—On-trend and oh-so-Cali, Earthbar brings a range of super healthy, 100% organic, nutrient-rich elixirs, meals, and snacks.
- Market Beer Company—A draw for the San Pedro Square Market since 2013, Market Beer Company brings a true taste of the South Bay region, showcasing the best in regional craft brews.
- The Farmers Union—Noted as one of the most booked restaurants in Silicon Valley, The Farmers Union brings an iconic, top-rated local full-service bar and restaurant. This American-style tavern serves us scratch-made plates from noted Valley chef, Alex Jimenez. Dedicated to running a “from scratch” kitchen, Alex works with local farmers and vendors to source the highest quality ingredients, putting modern spins on classic American favorites.
- Peet’s Coffee—From Berkeley, California in 1966, Alfred Peet pioneered the specialty coffee movement that’s a norm today. Peet’s Coffee continues to stay relevant to four generations of coffee lovers by remaining true to his tenets of sourcing the world’s best beans, hand-roasting in small batches, upholding an uncompromising dedication to freshness, and crafting every beverage by hand. The Peet’s location will feature San José’s Bagel Guys to bring an exceptional local offer.
- Jim Stump’s Taproom & Kitchen—Jim Stump’s brings a relaxed and approachable culinary driven gastropub serving fresh-forward plates, beers and cocktails in a casual, welcoming environment. Created in collaboration with a scratch-made, farm-to-fork, artisanal approach to food and drink from prominent local chef and restaurateur, Jim Stump.